Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Recipes

Okay I LOVE to cook and I LOVE trying new recipes.   I often put pictures of these foods on my Instagram and several people have asked me for my recipes.  So here are a couple.


Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
I didn't think these were going to that great but oh my heck they were delicious!!!
1 pound ground hamburger
1 large egg
1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used Italian Seasoned ones)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp yellow Mustard
1 tsp hot sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
15-20 half inch Mozzarella balls

Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl combine hamburger, onion, bread crumbs, cheese, milk, garlic, Worcestershire, mustard, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
Mix the ingredients together until well combined.
Wrap each Mozzarella ball with the meat until well covered.   
Cook for 30 to 35 minutes.

(adapted from picky-palate.com)

Where Tim and I live there are not a lot of restaurants, and NO Chinese restaurants.  But we both really like this type of food so a couple of weeks ago we had a Chinese night.  We both thought that this rice tasted just like the rice you would get at a Chinese restaurant!

Ham Fried Rice
2 c. uncooked long grain white rice
4 c. water
1 tsp. seasame oil
2 Tbs vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c. cubed ham
1/2 c. - 1 c. peas
3 eggs, beaten
soy sauce

Cook rice according to package directions.  Heat sesame oil and veg. oil in a LARGE skillet over medium-high heat and stir in onion. When onions become clean and light brown, add garlic.  When garlic is lightly browed, add ham and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until ham is nice and hot.  Add peas and cook until veggies are tender.  Stir in beaten egg and cook until egg is scrambled and firm.  When rice is done, add to skillet and mix in thoroughly.  Stir in soy sauce (use enough to turn it lightly brown, you don't want to add too much).   Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Ok now I want the recipe for the other stuff on that Chinese plate :) haha look at you little Betty Crocker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the Pollard's house will have to try out that rice. That looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete